Get Text Notifications Regarding Student Ministry
Student’s text “TJCStudents” to 31996 to get text notifications about TJC Student Ministry. Parents of a student text “studentparent” to 31996. You can unsubscribe at any moment.
Saturday 4:00pm and Sunday 9:30am
Our students meet weekly for Wednesday Night Service, grades 6th to 12th, for a fun night with worship, an inspiring message and small groups. Bible Study is offered during the 4:30 pm service on Saturday and the 9:30 am service on Sunday. Meet in the lobby in the designated area to attend Bible Study.
We encourage your students to attend the one bible study and one church service on the day they attend church. Our student ministry leadership team is excited to provide this opportunity and look forward to seeing our students grow in their faith.
TJC Student Worship Service
Wednesday nights at the Journey Church from 6:00-7:30
Student Ministry is an opportunity for our high-school students to engage in relevant discussion about what’s going on in the lives of teenagers and how that fits in line with what God wants from them. Just as in every setting at The Journey, the Gospel is the central focus. Your students will be engaged and challenged, as well as have the opportunity to build lasting friendships with the other students.
During that time our students enjoy:
- Relevant teaching
- Small Group Discussion
We plan regular events for our students that give them an opportunity to invite their friends to experience fun in the context of gospel community. We also plan events that allow our students to serve both in the community as well as abroad. Summer camp is a major event in our student ministry. We see this as an opportunity for students to experience Christ in an environment that is geared toward the gospel.
OUR CORE COMMITMENTS:
- To engage students where they are, regardless of race, background, or religious experience, to help them walk with God.
- To set forth the Bible as our authority and guide for seeking the truth, knowing God, understanding the gospel, and living our lives.
- To treat students like intelligible individuals who are capable and competent to understand and learn the Bible.
- To equip students to think biblically in a world that, not only fails to but rejects the idea.
- To lovingly set forth answers to life’s difficult questions.
- To teach students how to engage with other students about Christ, including those who are hostile toward Christianity.
- To show students how to fellowship with God through Scripture study and prayer.