TJC exist to show Jesus as incomparably glorious.
By 2022, we are asking God for 3,000 baptized, self-feeding, disciple-making followers of Jesus who are letting the gospel shape every sphere of their lives.
*Gospel Rich Theology
*God Glorifying Diversity
*Great Commission Inspired Ambition
*Pompous Free Realness
*Mission Focused Simplicity
- 1. THE BIBLE WAS GIVEN BY INSPIRATION OF GOD AND IS TRUE, AUTHORITATIVE AND SUFFICIENT.
2. THERE IS ONE GOD, ETERNALLY EXISTING IN THREE SEPARATE AND EQUALLY DIVINE PERSONS: THE FATHER, THE SON, AND THE HOLY SPIRIT.
3. GOD IS THE CREATOR OF ALL THINGS. EVERYTHING HAPPENS IN ACCORDANCE WITH GOD’S PROVIDENCE.
4. GOD THE FATHER JUSTIFIES AND SANCTIFIES THOSE WHO BY GRACE HAVE FAITH IN JESUS CHRIST.
5. GOD CREATED MALE AND FEMALE IN HIS IMAGE. ALL HUMAN BEINGS ARE ALIENATED FROM GOD, CORRUPTED IN EVERY ASPECT OF THEIR BEING BECAUSE OF SIN.
- 6. JESUS SACRIFICIALLY DIED FOR SINNERS, AND BY HIS DEATH AND RESURRECTION MAN, THROUGH FAITH AND REPENTANCE, IS RECONCILED WITH GOD.
7. THE HOLY SPIRIT GIVES SPIRITUAL GIFTS TO THE CHURCH FOR THE PURPOSE OF GLORIFYING GOD.
8. THE CHURCH IS A LOCAL COMMUNITY OF REGENERATED BELIEVERS WHO CONFESS JESUS CHRIST AS LORD.
9. A DAY IS COMING WHEN JESUS WILL JUDGE THE WORLD IN RIGHTEOUSNESS.
10. JESUS’ RETURN WILL HERALD THE FINAL RESTORATION OF ALL THINGS.
TJC SPIRITUAL FORMATION MARKERS
(The following help us to evaluate how we are accomplishing the TJC vision in our individual lives.)
- An unwavering submission to the authority of, and pursuit of God, in the Scriptures.
- A child-like dependence upon God in prayer.
- A relentless devotion to making Christ the center of home life.
- A contagious passion for people and the gospel, both locally and globally.
- A commitment to being invested and tied to biblical community.
- A not-of-this-world level of transparency through confession of sin and repentance.
- A christ-reflecting joy in serving others, inside and outside the church.
- A kingdom-first kind of generosity with financial resources.
- A go-the-extra-mile type of willingness to fight for unity in the church.
- A genuine Christ-exalting, self-minimizing humility.
- An abnormally compassionate heart of mercy, grace, and forgiveness toward others.
- An absolute trust of God’s sovereignty through suffering.